Get started with affiliate links in Adtraction's system
This blog post will tell you how to retrieve tracking links both from the system and directly from your browser.
Retrieve tracking links in Adtraction's system
1. Go to «Advertisers».
2. Click «My Advertisers».
3. Choose the advertiser you want to promote.
4. The first available link is directed to the advertisers front page.
5. Find «Customise link» to adjust the tracking link to promote a specific product and landing page.
6. If you have more than one channel, choose which channel will be used.
7. Choose if you want the link to be a URL, Short link, HTML or Cleanlink.
- URL: The most commonly used option among Adtraction’s publishers is URL. The URL option generates a tracking link that can be placed in any channel.
- Short link: A short link is simply a shortened URL with less characters than the original link. Short links can be useful in making the link look less overwhelming, for instance if the link is promoted in a Youtube video description or in an Instagram bio.
- Cleanlink: Cleanlink is an Adtraction technology that allows you to automatically capture all clicks that go out from your site to an advertiser that your channel is approved for within the Adtraction system. The option doesn’t require you to generate individual tracking links.
- HTML: The HTML option gives you a tracking URL in HTML format. It is often used to present a text or an image using HTML code. This option should be used in cases where you want to add a tracking link to an existing HTML code.
8. Paste the URL link to the product you want to promote.
9. Click «Generate short link» if short link was the chosen options, or wait for the tracking link to appear below.
Depending on your previous choice (URL, Short link, HTML or Cleanlink) a new link will appear. This is the link that should be used in order for Adtraction to track sales generated through your marketing efforts.
Get tracking links from the website of an advertiser
We recently introduced an updated version of Adtraction’s Google Chrome extension. The plugin enables you to get tracking links directly from the website of an advertiser and can be downloaded here.
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.